Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Breath of Hope 5K

There a million different runs/walks out there to raise money for different groups. This morning I did the Breath of Hope 5K to help raise awareness and support for lung cancer. The run was around Lake Harriet in Minneapolis. My friend Samara gets a team together every year to walk in memory of her mother who died a few years ago of this awful disease. A few others I wanted to run in memory or honor of are my dear friend Rosemarie who is suffering right now with the effects of lung cancer. My grandpa Eino also died years ago and so did my friend Jenny's mom.

So this morning as I ran around this beautiful lake on this incredible fall day I thanked God for my health, my family, and all of those who have passed away.

Next year, you should do it with me. :)

On the back of the shirt are all of those names of those we were all walking or running for:



A group shot of the people Samara got together for the walk. Not all of them are in the picture, about 20 people were missing.



Me after the race..I have never claimed to be a fast runner, The top finisher ran it in just over 15 minutes! (REALLY!!) I did it in 25 minutes, which I thought was pretty good for 3.1 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressive--3+ miles in 25 minutes! I'd think I was an Olympian if I could do that!
Ellen J.