Thursday, September 16, 2010

Becky

Becky deserves her own post. She is amazing. To give you a little history. Becky used to be a teacher, but has stayed home with her 3 little boys since they were born. Her boys are 5 ,4, and 3. (I know that in itself is worth the post) Anyway, she lives next door to Lisa ( our old daycare) and used to do daycare and loved it, but the one downfall was their was the little flexibility in her schedule. She then stopped doing it. Last year she drove Kali to preschool for us. Well, when Lisa closed last spring, she is the first person I thought about watching our kids. She already knows them and loves them (I think she kind of has a soft spot for Kali because she is girl) and it would be flexible for her because she would only be watching our kids part-time. Well, I asked her and she said yes and I could not be happier. I honestly thought the world was coming to end when Lisa told us she was closing, but it couldn't have turned out any better. The kids love it there and she loves it. The other big plus is she just has our kids and her kids so they are doing preschool projects and writing their names. She had Cody in underwear the other day. Do you think a daycare provider would attempt this if they had to watch 9 other kids? She drives Kali to preschool again. The other day she handed me a calendar of projects she is doing with the kids and a daily schedule. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful she is. They love her and can't wait to go and I don't worry at all about them during the day! Thank you Becky for loving our kids like our own!

Here are some pictures from her house that she sent me!

Here is Apple Day at her house, when they made their own paper apples and studied the letter A. I told you, she rocks!






And when they went in the summer for a few days..





2 comments:

Lisa Peterson said...

All soooo true!!! She's always managed three kids in THREE years like they were spaced 4 years apart. She does the "mother of almost triplets" thing like it's easy peasy. And she's a certified personal trainer or fitness expert or something impressive and healthy, a Tastefully Simple Consultant, part time scrapbooker, part time party girl and super great friend and neighbor! Now we can add amazing part time daycare lady to the mix!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, you guys are making me cry! Thanks for the kind words! I love having Kali and Cody here. my boys (Will, Wyatt and Ben) love it too. Will LOVES "babies" as he calls Cody and Wyatt plays so well with Kali. Ben and Cody crack me up, they too play so well. We have a blast. Between dance parties, playing outside, fun projects and just being goofy our days are great! Again, thanks for the kind words. Lisa you are truly amazing and no one could ever replace you as a day care provider! I just think I am just as crazy as you...or just a normal every day mom that loves her kids, all kids and life!

-Becky (the NEW day care lady)