Friday, August 21, 2009

Garage Salers

I know some of you reading this are garage salers, but please tell me you aren't one of those " Garage Salers". Let me give you an example of what I mean, I had a sale this week and this one guy comes up to me with my clock priced at $7.50 and my friend Gina's brand new shower curtain priced at $3.00, and he says," Will you take $8.00 for both, that is all I have?" I look at him and say, " No, it is two different people's things so I can't." What I really wanted to say was, " NO! LOOK AT THE PRICES THE CLOCK ALONE IS $7.50 AND THAT IS A BRAND NEW SHOWER CURTAIN!" But I didn't. So he buys the $3.00 shower curtain. I shake my head as he walks away, only to see him walk to his truck, turn around and head back into the garage and give one of my friends a $10.00 to buy the clock! SERIOUSLY!! It drives me crazy. Anyway, the sale was very successful despite the constant rain for 2 days! My house is very empty. The basement is now a giant playroom for the kids since there is no furniture left in it!

No comments: