Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wedding

The wedding was a success. Friday night at the rehearsal dinner Kali did great. She was very excited to wear a pretty white dress like Kori (her new aunt) and throw flowers. So it took her a little awhile to wind down Friday night at the hotel, but she did. Saturday she got to go swimming in an awesome pool with daddy, uncles, and grandma while I got my hair and make-up done. Kali then got to get her hair done, which she sat great for (however it just got all flat by the wedding..oh well!). Andy and I headed to the church first to start wedding party pictures and she came later with grandma. She put her dress on, smiled for pictures (some of them at least),and walked down the aisle by herself. When up in front she stood for awhile and she said to me quite loudly. "Mom, I have to go potty!" There was some giggling from others around, I leaned over and whispered, " Kali, we just went potty, you need to wait to until the wedding is over." She then said, " I have to go NOW!" I sort of looked around in a panicked frenzy, " What I am going to do??" Thankfully Andy's aunt heard her, and took her out for a few minutes and then she came back running down the aisle to stand in her spot with me. She then took a seat next to Grandma and had some snacks.
Oh the way out of the church I told her to walk out and she started to meltdown so I picked her up and carried her out. Pretty good for no nap!

At the reception, Dinner was great and then Andy started his best man speech and she wanted him to hold her. I took her off the head table and she started to cry. I went to the back and sat with her until it was over so I could hear his speech ( which was awesome by the way!) Then my mom and dad took both kids back home so we could enjoy the rest of the night. It was great! So many friends and family came to the wedding it was wonderful!

Our little man, Cody was quite the little hit in his adorable tux too. I only have a few pictures of the kids as we were busy being in pictures and didn't have much time to take any of our own. We also have none of all of us. Hopefully the professional ones turn out!

It was a beautiful wedding and we are so excited for Benji and Kori and wish them the best! They are off to the Bahamas on their honeymoon! Congrats!






No comments: