Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Hunting Shack

You have heard me talk about the new hunting shack, if you haven't here is the story. Last summer Andy and his three brothers decided to build a shack on their hunting land in Kelliher, MN ( about a hour north of Bemidji). So he has spent many hours building this shack. I have definitely had my moments when I was super frustrated about the whole thing. Why they needed to build it the summer we had a newborn baby and a two year old at home, how much money it is costing, it is 4 hours away...blah blah..he has heard it all. But he loves it. He has put his blood and sweat into building this shack.( It looks like a cabin). Last summer they finished the outside so they could sleep in if for deer hunting last year, now this summer they are trying to finish the inside. It is not done yet, but coming along nicely. I am proud of him, he can fix or build anything and it shows. It is nice to know that our own family will enjoy for many years. I am anxious for him to take the kids there when they are a bit older so I can have the weekend alone!

Picture of the outside



Putting the chimney in. ( Funny picture)



The living room



Another view of the living room



The kitchen




The Dining room



There are 4 small bedrooms in the back for each of the brothers. Pretty nice huh?

No comments: