Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Daddy's girl

For of those of you who know my husband well, you know what a wonderful man he is. He not only works hard to provide for our family he loves each of dearly. He helps out around the house, cooks, cleans, and has always helped out in every way with the kids. He is wonderful husband and an amazing father. Kali has always been a daddy's girl. I often tell Andy that it is pathetic, but really it is pretty sweet. I joke with him often and say," I thought you were going to be the tough one Mr. Principal!" But apparently not! All Kali has to say is "Daddy" in her sweet voice and she will get want she wants! If she falls down hurts herself and she cries that she wants daddy (even if he is not there). If he is there and I try to comfort her she screams, " No, I want daddy." Normally I don't care, but every once in awhile it does hurt a little bit. She follows him everywhere, cooks with him, wants him to buckle her car seat, hangs outside when he mowing the lawn, wants him to get her ready in the morning, waits at the top of the stair until he gets home from work, daddy everything. Until bedtime, she wants me to help her brush her teeth, go potty with her, and tuck her in.

So the past few nights Andy has been out of town working on the shack and it always a little lonely around the house for all of us when he is gone. We all really miss him. Kali went to bed a little after 7:00, at 10:00 she woke up crying. I find her standing at the top of the stairs with big tears in her eyes. She looks at me and says," I miss my daddy." I smile down at her and say, " So do I, honey."

Below are some of my favorites of Kali and her daddy...



Kali's first night home from the hospital in the new room Daddy painted for her.



First Christmas for Kali with Riley and Dad.



Cute Santa Suit..chubby Kali!


Daddy and Kali playing, he taught her how to roll over at 3 weeks by practicing everyday.


Daddy and Kali visiting Grandpa Merfed's grave. One of the reasons Andy is such a great father today is because of this man, it is very sad that he never got to hold his grandchildren. We all miss him dearly.


At the zoo last year.


Going on rides, always wants to go with Daddy!


More rides!


Biking on her new bike as Daddy pulls Cody.


Rides with Dad this summer.


Como Zoo this summer.

No comments: