Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Days at Home

Spring Break is over and it is nice to back into our routine at home. Our day starts around 6:30 when Cody get up and Andy heads to work. Cody plays uninterrupted with all the toys until his sister gets up around 7:30 or so. He is so happy in the morning and loves all the attention he gets before Kali gets up. When Kali gets up we have breakfast and my kids love breakfast and eat a ton! Today was scrambled eggs..8 of them between the 3 of us and I barely had any! We play in the morning until Cody naps and then Kali and I color or do something fun while Cody is napping..( sometimes it is really fun like laundry!!) Cody only sleeps for like 45 minutes or so then we head out of the house. Maybe we just go the health club so I can run and shower in peace as the kids play in the Kids Club there. Sometimes we might go to play date with friends, Target, Cub...somewhere..anywhere to get out of the house for a little bit..

Then we come home and eat lunch, play a little more, and attempt naptime. I use the word attempt because Kali is pretty hit and miss on the nap lately. For example, right now (during naptime) she is in her crib singing, "Old McDonald". Cody is sleeping, but again not for long, 1 hour or maybe a little more if we are lucky. If she is not sleeping shortly we give up and go to bed early.

This next section of the day is the longest part of my day...after nap until Andy gets home. It often feels like century from 3:00-5:30 or so. We have a snack, get dinner ready, and try to fill the time with playing. I love when it is nice out so we can go play outside. Every Tuesday I signed up for a ECFE ( Early Childhood Family Education) class from 4:15-6:00. This has been nice to have in the winter. We get to do crafts, have circle time, and play in the the gym.

When Daddy gets home it is very exciting. Both the kids run to the door screaming with excitement ( as does the dog!!). He scoops both of them up in his arms and gives me a kiss and I know I have loved the day I just had, but am so glad to see him as I am also exhausted!


No comments: