Thursday, March 12, 2009

Best of Both Words



I love the idea of working part-time. I have just spent the past 5 days at home with my kids and today got to go to work. All the full-time stay at home moms know what I am talking about. My opinion about working is that no matter what you do nothing is as hard as being at home full-time with your children. Now, don't get me wrong I love being home, but it is hard. From 5:30 AM-8:00 PM ( or whenever your children get up and go to bed) you are working the entire time. Now we can pray and hope for naps so we can get something done or sit for a minute to relax and read a magazine, but it is still exhausting but the rewards are endless. When Cody crawls to me and says, "MAMA..." ( yup!! A new Word) or Kali says, " Mommy, I love you" and kisses me, there is nothing more rewarding, but then on the days I work I get to go school and teach kids. Today I got a card from one of my third grade students that said," To: Mrs. M., Thank you for teaching in me in school! If it wasn't for you I would still be learning 1+1=2. Ha! Ha! Ha! ( Oh... the third grade humor!) Thanks again Love, Your student PS. You are so nice and kind.

I truly love being home and truly love teaching. I am very blessed.This is what I mean about the best of both worlds.

No comments: