Friday, September 11, 2009

First Day of Preschool






Kali's first day of preschool went well. Andy and I creatively figured out how one of us could leave work to bring her and one of us could pick her up on her first day there. She was very excited when I picked her up from Lisa's to bring her, but by the time we walked in the room she was a little nervous. She quietly leaned into me and said Mommy, I really want to stay..I told her I couldn't stay and she gave me three big hugs and kisses, but no tears. I however had a few in my eyes as I got back into my car! :(

Andy picked her up and she was beaming ear to ear.

Her teacher sent me this note today:
Kali did excellent today. Usually our Friday group takes a little more time to warm up to us being they are only here once a week. But todays group already seemed very comfortable! Kali has a fun personality that I think will be a wonderful fit for our group. We spent about a 1/2 hour outside and she was busying running around the whole time so hopefully she is tired out for you guys tonight :)

I was a little sad that I couldn't hear all about it..so being the awesome lady Lisa is, Kali and Lisa wrote me this email..( I told you Lisa was the best..)

To Mommy
From Kali

Hi Mommy,

Today in preschool we….”played, have snack, teddy grahams, played with toys, I have two teachers, played with some cars and legos, liked the playground”.

“I like to go to the store with my mommy.”

I want to say I love her.

Cody played really hard today.

Love, Kali

She is already asking about next Friday!!

No comments: