Monday, June 22, 2009

Trip to Ely

So last week, Andy was at a principal conference for the week so I decided to go to Ely to see family with the kids. It was suppose to be nice and I was excited to go. However I got super sick when I got there. Chills, Aches, Temperature of 102, sore throat...it was terrible. Thankfully I had family there to take care of the kids while I rested. I finally went to the doctor while there and found out that I had a nasty case of strep throat. So I got some antibiotics and wanted nothing more to head home. So I hit the road with my 2 kids and dog with a fever of still 101 F. I left at 5:30 thinking that in my weak state, the majority of the trip the kids will be sleeping. Not 2 minutes into the ride, my dog figured out how to jump through the seats even though I thought I had strapped him down well. So that was my first stop. 2 hours into the trip things were going great, I stopped at a rest stop so Kali could use the bathroom and changed Cody's dirty diaper. The kids put their Pj's on and I thought, "Wow, this is going to easy trip." That is where I thought wrong. About 45 minutes later, Cody had another dirty diaper, so I had to stop again, however he cried for about 20 minutes until I could find a place to stop. So when I finally stopped it was raining and I went to take Cody out of his car seat I picked him up and realized his diaper had exploded. It was now all over me, his car seat, and himself. Kali is standing in the rain crying and I needed to get new clothes so I opened up the back of my car and Riley tried to jump out, but he was strapped in and fell out was like hanging himself. I almost dropped Cody to the ground ( which then caused him to cry) to push Riley back in the car. I went into the rest stop and was almost crying myself as I tried to clean up the diaper mess. The ride continued for a little while until the dog someone figured out how to jump through the seats 2 more times which caused more crying from both kids and more stops. As I pulled into my driveway at 10:30, with both kids still awake I had never been so happy to see Andy and to be home.

No comments: