Friday, February 18, 2011

Back Home..

So our kids have spent a week away from home. A few nights with us in Ely and then a few nights without us in Ely and then one night at the waterpark with us..and now they are back home. I have to be honest..I am thrilled and relieved that we are all back home in our beds tonight. Now, don't get me wrong..I love that they went without us for 4 days and from what I have heard from their grandparents and mostly from them..they had an absolute blast. Did I miss them? Sure..but was it nice to have a little break at my house with just my husband and my dog..you bet! I honestly had one of the best birthdays I have ever had..because I could do what I wanted to...which included running with Riley in the morning, shopping having a long lunch with a friend, drinking wine at 4:30 with my husband, and going out for a late, long dinner with him. It was great..amazing..incredible. A much needed break.

We spent last night at the waterpark and we listened to Kali and Cody giggle until 10:00 in their bed..I smiled..laughed, and smiled some more...thinking how very blessed I am! I would love to share some pictures or video from the waterpark..however we took none..(terrible...I know..) but it is all in my mind..the laughs, smiles, and screams as our dare devil girl went down the HUGE Slide with mom and dad many, many, times! As I crawl into my own bed tight and tucked the kids in theirs I am again grateful..

1 comment:

Lisa Peterson said...

Although we all could sit and watch our kids read the phone book and think it's amazing - having a few days with our spouse - is also really special. You get to use cutlery! Finish your thought! Be spontaneous! All that good stuff. Then they come home and you are a happy complete family again. All sweet. All good!